CAUTION KEURIG OWNERS: Research WARNS CONSUMERS That USING A KEURIG Will PUT YOUR LIFE IS AT RISK

MIAMI BEACH, FL - FEBRUARY 22: Keurig on display at Southern Kitchen Brunch hosted by Trisha Yearwood, part of The New York Times series during the 2015 Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE at Loews Miami Beach Hotel on February 22, 2015 in Miami Beach, Florida. (Photo by Sergi Alexander/Getty Images For SOBEWFF)

One lady bought such machine from Costco along with the handy unit to store the awkward K Cups, insisting on the Newman’s Organic K Cups for his coffee choice. However, the little voice in her head started asking questions, thus she pushed the concerns away for the sake of convenience as filling his coffee filter with some freshly ground coffee takes just 2 minutes. She wondered:

  • How fresh is the coffee in a K Cup?
  • What toxins is she exposing to as the hot water forces the coffee through the little holes poled in the plastic cup?
  • What is that lid made of that is poked at the top to allow the water to enter the cup?
  • Is there a filter inside the plastic cup, what is it made of and hot it is secured inside the plastic cup?
  • What chemicals are used in the flavored coffee selections?

Is your Keurig Harboring Mold and Bacteria?

When she moved, upon packing the kitchen, she wanted the machine to be completely empty and dry, but that was impossible. When the brewer is being primed, you are not able to empty the water from the inside, and the internal tank of the brewer can’t be drained. This lady had previously worked in a hospital lab and they emptied all the reservoirs daily because if not they would have grown bacteria and biofilm. The internal tank as well as the rubber tubing can’t be drained, so it is very possible that bacteria and mold live inside the hidden water tank. The black rubber ring in the bottom of the exterior water container is another mold-magnet. A slick biofilm is formed by bacteria when grown in moist and dark places. The coffee bean’s antibacterial action is not enough to kill the microbes which float through the system. A research shows that this is only 50% effective in killing bacteria, like Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus mutans, and molds.

The water is not enough hot in order to kill all microbes which live in the coffee system. In order for that to happen, then the water should reach boiling temperature and stay there for one minute. Also, your coffee mug has to be cleaned with water and soap as they are contaminated with fecal bacteria.

Even after doing a few vinegar cycles, you can still feel the moldy smell. There are also floaty and black things in the cup even when the water is just being brewed.

Plastic K Cups Conundrum

They are made of a composite plastic #7 and is technically BPA-free, however the chemicals from the composite plastic are not safe and they still have estrogenic activity. There are fake estrogens in them, so do not think about adding soy milk to your coffee.


Continue reading here

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*