Celebs who fled to Canada after Trump won, just hit with HARSH reality

Do you remember when Amy Schumer, Lena Dunham, Samuel L. Jackson and more Hollywood celebs said ahead of the 2016 presidential election that they would leave the country if Republican candidate Donald Trump became the President?

Jon Stewart

The former

(Credit: AP / Carolyn Kaster)

The former “Daily Show” host told People magazine last year that if Donald Trump won the presidency, he’d be “getting in a rocket and going to another planet, because clearly this planet’s gone bonkers.”

Jennifer Lawrence

(Credit: Getty Images / Daniel Leal-Olivas)

“The Hunger Games” star was quoted by Entertainment Weekly as saying, “If Donald Trump becomes president, that will be the end of the world.” So we guess that means she’ll be heading for the afterlife.

Omari Hardwick

(Credit: Getty Images / Valery Hache)

“If Donald Trump wins the presidency, I’m out,” the “Power” star told The Wrap, adding he’d head for Italy after the election.

Here, he attends a photocall for “Power” on April 7, 2014, in Cannes, France.

Well I am sorry to say, but it sure doesn’t look greener on the other side.

From allenbwest,

When Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election, tons of folks decided to pack up and head for Canada, seeking asylum for what they perceived was the coming apocalypse.

Well, it seems so many folks headed north, they overloaded Canada’s migration system, leaving them stuck in legal limbo.

According to the Express:

Stuck in legal limbo, the families who have fled to Justin Trudeau’s famously liberal nation, are struggling to get through the process, blocking them from working.

Canada is taking longer to process refugee claims than at any point in the past five years as they struggle to secure jobs and a permanent resident, reports now show.

This year is set to be the biggest year for illegal migration since 2011.

Canada’s refugee system was struggling to process thousands of applications even before 3,500 asylum seekers began crossing the US border on foot in January.

It lacks the manpower to complete security screenings for claimants and hear cases in a timely manner.

Often there are not enough tribunal members to decide cases or interpreters to attend hearings, The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) said.

Close to 4,500 hearings were originally scheduled for January through April of this year, but were all cancelled, which means those who are waiting to have cases heard will have a longer time to wait for updating professional credentials, accessing their loans or financial aid for school.

The Express goes on to say that the Canadian government has a backlog of 24,000 claimants to work through from previous years already, not including the 15,000 claims made just this year.

Sounds like a pretty horrible situation, doesn’t it?

Guess these folks should’ve just stuck it out around here after all.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*