Like most of the bombshells coming out against Hillary these days, this little nugget was sleuthed on Reddit by user StinkyFeetPatrol at /r/the_donald. You can read the whole thread here.
Let’s start off with this one email dated 12/09/2015:
Robby’s memo for this afternoon
In the attachment is their General Election Transition Concept… 2 months before the primaries started. Some key findings (hold on to your butts former Bernie supporters):
Objective of Comm Plan
● Frame the general election race for press and electorate at large: why HRC is running, contrast with GOP, what’s at stake for target voters (will take place in BG states, but national framing is the core objective).
● Secondary objective will be communicating Democratic unity and using Sanders and others to help drive contrast and urgency.
Under Specific Goals:
Specific Goals ● Reroll out core campaign message (fighting for us)/make the contrast with the GOP clear
● Put the GOP immediately on the defensive and create crosspressure between general election and primary messages; force them to get firmly on the record with right wing positions
● Protect and reinforce leads with key constituencies
● Conduct tour in key markets to hit BG voters; focus on states that didn’t get as much time in primaries
● Demonstrate unity through POTUS, Sanders, O’M and other endorsements. Have primary opponents help drive contrast and urgency.
THEY PLANNED THEIR ENDORSEMENTS IN DECEMBER OF 2015. ALL OF THEM.
And under the Timing section they even planned when they wanted the primaries to end:
Scenario 1: Primary ends Feb 9 Feb 15March 29: rest, fundraising March: general election messaging tour, fundraising
Scenario 2: Primary ends March 1 March 1March 15: rest, fundraising March 15April 15: general election messaging tour, fundraising
Scenario 3: Primary ends March 15 March 15March 30: rest, fundraising April 1April 15: general election messaging tour, fundraising
And under Surrogate Events… wait for it, this will upset you:
OUT OF DATE/OUT OF TOUCH TEAM
Special team of reliable GOP opposition surrogatesthis may be a good project for DWSwho birddog GOP candidates, especially likely nominee, at their events (need special staff team at HQ that does this); reinforce basic contrast message and try to push them further to the right.
- Women’s bus tour chasing GOP; speaking at events and challenging them to be clear on women’s health/equality issues
- Hispanic activist groups to protest GOP events; seek outside groups to badger GOP candidates, get them on the record
- AA team; POTUS legacy?
- Youth group? Hollywood types or digital influencers?
Bird dogging CONFIRMED.
And now check this email out where they were made aware Bernie brought up HRC and WJC on wealth and that “this isn’t in keeping w the agreement”:
Fwd: Sanders criticism
This isn’t in keeping w the agreement. Since we clearly have some leverage, would be good to flag this for him. I could send a signal via Welch–or did you establish a direct line w him?
Begin forwarded message: From: Christina Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.orgDate: May 26, 2015 at 9:22:07 AM EDT To: Robby Mook email@example.com, Kristina Schake < firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jennifer Palmieri < email@example.com>, Tony Carrk firstname.lastname@example.org, John Podesta email@example.com, Oren Shur firstname.lastname@example.org, Brian Fallon email@example.comSubject:FW: Sanders criticism
Following up on our call on Friday, just wanted to give some updates and flag that Bernie went after HRC and WJC on wealth (including using the word “hustle.)
SANDERS HAD TO AGREE NOT TO ATTACH BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO RUN AGAINST HILLARY